Thursday, May 31, 2018

How to make an award-winning adventure film (without budget or crew)

You don’t need fancy equipment, a crew or lots of money to make a great short adventure film. Featured contributor Leon McCarron explains how anyone can get started.

In 2012, I walked across the Empty Quarter desert alongside my friend Alastair Humphreys. We had just two cameras to film the entire experience, but with time and energy, we eventually turned 40 hours of material into a one-hour feature. I was incredibly proud of what we put together—even more so when someone other than my mother gave us positive feedback. The film was selected for several festivals, including the Banff Mountain Film Festival and, for the first time, I like I could call myself a filmmaker.

A couple of years earlier, I’d had a very different experience. At 23 years old, I set off on a long bike trip. I’d watched the Long Way Round TV series in which Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman travel from London to New York by motorbike and thought: “How hard can it be to make something similar?”

The post How to make an award-winning adventure film (without budget or crew) appeared first on Adventure.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment