Thursday, January 18, 2018

How to rent a scooter in Southeast Asia (and live to tell the tale)

Many travelers dismiss the idea of renting automatic scooters in Southeast Asia and other parts of the world on account of not having a license. But those travelers are missing out, argues Ben Groundwater.

“Have I made a terrible mistake?” That’s a question you will most definitely ask yourself at some point on a motorbike adventure in Southeast Asia. That and others like,”‘Was this the worst idea I’ve ever had?”And, “Should I give up, turn around, and just forget this whole thing ever happened?”

They’re reasonable questions and certainly, all of them flashed through my mind as I hurtled through the chaos of noise, dust and bright lights that is central Ho Chi Minh City. I was only about two minutes into my six-day journey around southern Vietnam. Have I made a terrible mistake? Possibly.

The post How to rent a scooter in Southeast Asia (and live to tell the tale) appeared first on Adventure.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment